8.31.2015

Back to school day!

This last thursday we went to the back to school day at our school.
So Ryder, Eden, and I headed to the picnic.
Ryder was so sweet with other kids.  He was asking kid's their names and asking if they were new too... I just know that he is going to do so great! I, on the other hand was so content to just watch he and Eden flourish with all the other kiddos on the playground.   
(Ryder would introduce Eden, "This is my sister.  She's three so she isn't going to school yet, but this will be her school too!" I mean, he was just so precious and the other kids were so friendly and receptive to him too!)
That night, we went back to the school to find out who his teacher would be and to get information about the first day and to see his classroom and to get a welcome from the principal.
 
Mrs. Wigley:
(How amazing is that name! 
And she has the sweetest personality to match...♥)
I have so many emotions about my first born going off to school.  Preschool felt different: it was only three days and it was  a school that we knew he would only attend for the year. Now, I watch him walk the grounds of his new school and, unless there is an unforeseen change, this is where he will be until 5th grade.  So much growing and learning and experiences and friends...
I'm so excited about ALL of it, but I still am emotional thinking of that big eyed baby that I had five years ago, trying to get my brain around the fact that he is old enough for things like kindergarten, lunch pails, school supplies, and uniforms...♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is his first day of kindergarten. 
We are ready for this!
Bring on this new adventure!