12.18.2014

brown paper packages tied up with string... (And other holiday happenings at the Rae's)

I have been slowly tackling our christmas wrapping.  With the shopping pretty much done for awhile, I have been thankful to have time to spread out this part of the holiday prep.  My problem is, I have two little people that, try as they may, can not keep a secret, so I had to wrap things with them not around, or wait until after I knew they wouldn't see the recipient until it was time to give them the gift...
So here is what is happening in our neck of the woods:
Doing these:
While listening to this:
And eating leftovers of this:
(Apple crisp is such a favorite of mine, and I especially love it during the holidays!) 
And our view as we wind down our evenings:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday was Ryder's last day of school before Christmas break.  I know, he is only in 3 days a week for 3 hours a day, but hey, Christmas vacation is special, no matter how old you are, right?
He hugged his teacher for so LONG, he just loves her so much and told me how much he is going to miss her for the next few weeks.
We love our Mrs. Stewart!♥
So we celebrated with Starbucks treats:
Strawberries and cream for my kids:
and a peppermint mocha for myself:
(It was just SO GOOD!)
His school bag was filled with so many cool Christmas art projects:
They had done a devotion using the candy cane and he was super excited about it:
Then Ryder gave me the ornament that he made at school.  I said we should wait for his dad, but he said, "No mom, we made them for our MOMS!" 
(He has been talking about this gift for WEEKS and it was so fun to see him so excited about giving it!)
His finger painted lights:
The ornament:
I pulled it out of the bag and he said, 
"For you mama!  Merry Christmas!!!"
He sounded so old!
(I welled up big time!)
Then we went to pick out a spot on our tree and Ryder said, "How about we hang it up HIGH so Sissy can't hurt it."  His sister has a reputation for tree RE-decorating...
We did our Advent calendar (Thanks Mia and Trader Joes!)
Each time we open one, he says, "How many days until Jesus' birthday?"
Eden is convinced that cake and a candle will be involved on Christmas day♥.
Things are moving right along here and we are getting more and more excited about the time that we will have off as a family for the holiday!