12.09.2014

Overwhelming gratitude and thankfulness

The other morning I was sitting by our Christmas tree, making cards and gifts for Ryder's teachers.
It was 520am.  I was on standby call for work.  The house was quiet and calm and peaceful.  There was the kind of stillness that you can really think and pray and complete your own thoughts.
I looked around our dining room and living room and I was moved to tears with what this house has meant to us, and how often I don't fully appreciate what it has given us with it's walls. 
A short while later, the kids were both up and wanted to join me in my craft time.  
It was 559am.
Eden stamped:
 Ryder worked with his scissors:
I loved watching their little hands work on their projects...
I was so thankful that we could just be here together.
What a joy it is to watch them grow and develop and become more and more of who they are created to be!
This home gives our family our space to do that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our house has been a project in the months that we have lived here.  With each project, I see it become more and more the home that I dream it can be and and am so incredibly grateful for what it is.  We have already created so many memories here, had family and friends share in this space, hosted events, consumed favorite meals around our table and snuggled with our kids for reading and movies.  The kids wrestle their dad and spend countless hours in their playroom and playing catch and football in our yard, and we have made lemonade from our lemon tree.  I keeps us cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and dry when it rains.  It brings comfort to the four of us as soon as we walk in the door and breathe in it's smell of "us". Eden and Ryder say good bye to it when we leave and hello to it when we pull into the drive way. It is our house and we are so grateful for it's walls and that they are the place that we can call home.