12.02.2014

Oh christmas tree, Oh, christmas tree!

This weekend we got our tree up and decorated.  This is our first year that we went in the morning, right after breakfast and it was PERFECT! No one was there and there was a new batch of freshly cut trees and there were NO meltdowns.  We will be staying with this time frame in the future.
Smelling the trees:
 Noble firs that are 6-7 feet in height is what we like
 Found it!
It's loaded:
We knew exactly where it would go:
Little glimpses of our tree:
(The pictures of the kids just make me so happy!)
 Our nativity from Bethlehem from my parents:
 The two turtle dove ornament was a wedding gift from my Aunt Laurel and Uncle Bobby and came with this note:
I cry every time I read it and it has been at the top of our tree since our first Christmas.
There are three garlands that I have made over the years and to be honest, they are my favorite part of our tree: beads, buttons, and felt make the tree feel really kid friendly, which is what we want.
The large red wooden bead garland was on my first christmas tree as a baby.  My mom gave them to me a few years back and they are a favorite for me each year. 
The finished product!
It just feels like it's "us" and boy does it make me excited for our first christmas in this house!♥