12.04.2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Since the week of Thanksgiving, we have been slowly "decking our halls" and pulling out decorations to use in our new space.  It's funny but since we had been in our last house for 10 years, I was pretty much on a very festive autopilot.  It's been fun to reimagine our things and how we can make them fit here for the Christmas season.
So here is what our slow progression has gotten us:
Our mantle:
The garland is made up of individual pine sprigs from Michaels.  These sprigs decorated MY WHOLE HOUSE last year.  That was a learning curve for sure!
Our message board:
I switched out the yellow flowers for more pine sprigs:
Ok the book shelf nooks:
I made these last year and they don't have water and are glued shut to keep from a huge mess:
 decorations from my kitchen last year:
gifts from a sweet friend that used to hang in our guest bathroom are now having fun getting tucked into the book shelf garlands:
(Thanks Casey!)
The Christmas books are out and have already been read multiple times:
Our  deer had to get in on the festive action:
(I had originally used a homemade red felt garland and it looked like a bloody mess!  #nailedit...)
Our guest bathroom:
I was given this nativity set when I was about 8 years old by a friend that passed away from cancer a few years back.  It makes me think of her each time I pull it out.  The red votive was Kit's grandma's.
Eden's room decor:
(As girly as she is...)
 The pink christmas tree was picked out last year and she LOVES it in her room!
 Ryder's room:
Ryder's Aunt Mal made this for him and the ornaments come off and he loves having it right where he can get to it.  Thank you so much Mal for this keep sake!
The office:
For years this yarn wreath used to hang above our bed, but the way our master ceiling angles, it looked weird, so we relocated it to this spot:
The nice thing is that I see it WAY more than if it were in our master.
Last year, On December 6, 2013, we decided to put our house on the market and move to be closer to church and community.
I gave Kit one stipulation for that move:
(He agreed with it too)
I need to be moved in and settled by next Christmas.
My husband definitely delivered!