12.01.2014

Thanksgiving recap and the beginning of Advent...

Happy December first!  This marks the first day of Advent!
Here is what our family will be doing:
A devotional as a church...
And a family inspired one:
last year we did truth in the tinsel as a church and as a family and had lots of fun with it and are excited to try something a little different...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our thanksgiving recap:
This year posed a very unique holiday for us as a family.  Kit's side of the family was getting together in Santa Maria for a huge thanksgiving celebration and I was scheduled to work.
(I'm not complaining because I know I get paid really well and I only work 4 days a month and working holidays is part of the deal...)  So for this holiday, we embraced a plan:
Kit would take the kids from wednesday morning until friday to his parents house and I would stay and work the holiday.
We realized that Kit, though he takes care of them ALL THE time and there isn't anything I can do that he hasn't, (minus breastfeeding...) has never had the kids for an over night without me. He was CRAZY excited about the opportunity and ROCKED it... I swear, Kit can make things look so easy!♥
So here are the highlight photos of my sweet husband rocking the holiday and all the family festivities!
Preparing for the day:
Grandma and Eden at the Lego table:
Ryder showing grandpa his archery skills: 
 
Eating by the new pond!
Siblings:
Cookie decorating table:
 Cousins:
The food! 
The family pictures:
 The grandkids:
The whole crew!
I was so sad to miss it...
While he did that, he encouraged me to capitalize on some alone time and I am not going to lie, it was so good for my soul to be still and be in our home and enjoy quiet moments in my favorite space.
I ran twice. It was calm and peaceful and I prayed.  I will be making this a regular part of my routine. 
 Snack time...
A very full 13 hours...  
I am so THANKFUL for my job!
 Black friday morning...
Making chili:
And this recipe is a favorite of Kit's:
(It makes excellent frozen dough balls)
I napped, went christmas shopping, gardened, crafted, cooked, baked, and watched christmas movies... It was so delightful!
All that to say, I was so happy that the holiday went well and I was SO excited to be all together again:
I just wanted to kiss their faces off when they walked in the door, I missed them so much!♥