11.14.2013

the bewitching hours

I have had this talk with MANY of my friends with little kids and we all have this thing called the "bewitching hours": it comes around 4p, the kids start going stir crazy and needing activities while you are trying to work on dinner and wrap up the day before dad gets home.  Kit usually gets home between 530p and 615p so those couple of hours waiting for Kit can be tricky.  Ryder still loves getting a big stack of books and camping out on our bed while we watch for Kit to get home.  Eden on the other hand is in constant "go" mode and I have to keep pulling out different activities for her.
Here are some photos of one of our "bewitching hours" of waiting for Kit to get home:
(This spanned about 30 minutes...)  
Singing each of these books three times each, with hand motions:
first puzzle:
second puzzle:
Legos:
And then Kit walks in the door:
 There will be a day when I miss how simple and precious these moments are...
I am so thankful that, even in the craziness and busyness of it all, I get to be there for it♥.