11.12.2013

the light at the end of the tunnel...

The kids have been sick.  It has been hard, feeling like we need to get out of the house, but not able to connect with our friends for fear of spreading whatever we have, not wanting to be too far from bathrooms because of Ryder's stomach bug, and not wanting to actually get dressed because PJS are so comfy when you you aren't feeling good.  I wipe noses, constantly disinfect, try to plan meals around two kids that aren't that interested in eating anything that their doctor recommended (things off the BRAT diet, no dairy or lactose...)  It feels like because the kids have been under the weather, they have been pushing boundaries even more and I have been trying to navigate this whole thing of giving grace because they aren't feeling that great, and trying to keep some normalcy at the same time with our regular boundaries and house rules.  My fuse dwindles so quickly and I feel myself praying/begging for patience, wisdom, and self-control with my parenting every single second of the day...  I have felt His presence and am so thankful to know that He is in this with me...
Sunday was not fun.  It's the third one we've missed because one or both of the kids are sick.  We haven't been able to got to church since I can't drop the kids off in their classes and that has been SO HARD!  I love our church family and getting to connect with our close friends, Ryder loves going to his class and being with all of his friends.  I think/hope that we are on the mend and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it can't come fast enough!  Thank you for all of your prayers and texts to check in with us.  We are hoping to be back in the saddle again really soon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a way happier note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
We love you so much and wish that we could be with you to celebrate your birthday.
We love that you are our papa!
love,
Ryder and Eden Marie♥