11.13.2013

creating: felt bow garland

I saw this garland on the Anthropologie website:
I loved the colors and that it looked so soft and kid friendly, but I think it was going for $38, and I thought it would be fun to try to duplicate it myself.
I have a stash of felt sheets in my craft bin. When they are on sale, I get them for 5 sheets for a dollar, so I will stock up for future projects.
I cut each sheet into strips, tied twine up in the kitchen so it would be away from little "helpers" and also so it would be easy to tie the felt to, and just started putting the felt on the twine in the color scheme that I liked the best:
I got the twine at  the dollar store in a pack of three so this garland came to less than $3.  I was thinking that it would be fun to have as a party garland, but I think we might use it on our christmas tree this year too!  It ended up being exactly 20 feet. I don't think it lasted in our house for more than couple of hours before Eden discovered it and I decided to snap a few photos:
I can't wait to use the garland this holiday season and for other family celebrations!