11.07.2013

creating: frame turned serving tray

I recently picked this frame up at our local thrift store.
 I stripped the hardware off, sanded it, and spray painted it.
I used a piece of my sheet metal that I had left over from my magnet boards and cut it to the size of the frame opening.   I picked up the handles from target.  They came in a pack of six for $9 and I had a gift card.  They were perfect for the project.
Then I had kit help me with making sure that I drilled the holes correctly/evenly.
We had a few hiccups because the thickness and width of the frame was not even all the way around, but we finally figured it out:
 We pulled out all of our thanksgiving themed kids books and we are ready to cuddle up and read together!
I have been having fun changing it up over the last week. 
 (It currently looks like this after the kids decided to use the pumpkin as a ball for an indoor baseball game...)
I can't wait to change it throughout the holiday season!