5.24.2013

creating: kitchen art with favorite lyrics

I have been wanting to make a change in our kitchen. We had gotten that Italian calendar on our honeymoon in Italy and I have loved having it up, but to be honest, after 10 years, I needed a little change. So here is the before:
Kit and I love the hymn, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus", So I decided to print them out on card stock.
I had a frame that I had gotten for 3 bucks at Target on clearance, and it came with a matte, so I just used orange spray paint to make it fit the space a little better:
 (If you decide to spray paint frame matte and it will be behind glass, I would use flat spray paint, not glossy.)
So here is the finished product:
I love seeing these lyrics on my wall.  Between making meals and cleaning them up, we sure spend lots of time in the kitchen so having them up as a reminder of where my focus should be is such a blessing!