5.16.2013

creating: kid inspired birthday cards

I have the hardest time letting Ryder help me with things like crafts because I have this idea that I want things to be perfect.  That is one of the lamest things I have ever heard myself say.  Where is he going to learn?  Where is creativity going to be nurtured if it doesn't at least start at home?  So in the spirit of releasing control and encouraging Ryder's creativity, we had a a card making party with our stamps.  Ryder had a blast!
 He got to practice:
 He got to pick the stamps:
 He got to sign the card that he made:
He was so proud of himself!
It was for his friend Micah's birthday and Ryder was so excited to show the card to Micah when he gave him his present.  I am hoping to continue to bring Ryder in on things like this.  Put my own junk aside and just ENJOY my little guy!  It is so unbelievably worth it♥...