3.22.2013

eating

Oh my goodness, I don't know if you feel this way, but with two Littles, I feel like the majority of my days are preparing, assisting Eden with eating, and cleaning up meals. I can sometimes get in the worst mood about it!  I'll think to myself, "I WAS JUST CLEANING THIS UP!"  Meal prep and clean up are also on my list where I can go into autopilot.  I go through the motions and then wonder why I smell like 409 ALL THE TIME...
Then they other day, as I went to get my stuff to clean up breakfast, I just looked at Eden enjoying her food.  She had eggs in both of her little hands and her chubby fingers were doing such a great job at precision in picking items up off of her tray.
I just sat there.  Looking at her.  Ryder had finished his breakfast and was running around making his sister laugh and being in an AMAZINGLY great mood.  I was overwhelmed by gratitude and thankfulness...  We have babies to feed!  We have the ability to provide food for our kids, to watch them never have to go without a meal.  Thankful they can use their hands and have the developmental ability to feed themselves, and to have little bodies that are able to take that food and produce nourishment and growth.  They are great eaters and, being an Italian mother, it makes me so happy to feed them!  I know that the monotony will ensue on some days, but I was so THANKFUL that the Lord gave me that moment to refocus my heart and my perspective! 
The Lord is so good and gracious!