3.06.2013

a slump...

Yesterday Kit left for Portland for a few days for a conference.  I am used to him traveling but it doesn't seem to get any easier having him away.  I find that I get really busy trying to keep the kids and I occupied and productive and DISTRACTED from the fact that Kit is out of town.  I sleep terribly when he is away.  It not very fun because then I miss him and I'm strung out tired.  All that to say, I felt like I was in a huge slump yesterday.
Despite the gloom that I was in, we did do some things that I wanted to tell you about...
Ryder had his evaluation with our school district to evaluate his speech improvements since starting with a therapist.  He did AMAZING.  I think of where we were a few months ago and I am so thankful for all the growth and development of my little man's vocabulary and his ability to communicate.
I think it went so well because he had his new buzz lightyear shirt on♥.
The evaluation was at a local elementary school and walking up to it made my heart ache, knowing that so very soon my big kid would be starting school.  I am going to be a mess his first day of school, I am just preparing you all, I will be a complete mess!  I loved looking down at him holding my hand.
(I happened to be updating Kit when he reached for it and couldn't help but snap a picture...)
 Then we headed home and got directly into project mode.  We mowed the lawn and pulled weeds and we tackled our long awaited project: our bags of recycling.
These suckers FILLED our car:
And after a quick drop off, we had $22 in our pocket.
Then we headed to Costco for pizza, because it is just so good.  We also love to share their smoothies.  Nothing clears up gloom like watching Ryder say, "Here mama, your turn, smoothie for you!"  Man I love that kid.
The day ended with reading books and eating mac and cheese.
After the kids went down, I pulled out stuff for making notes and cards for family. 
As I was thinking about the day I was amazed at how many little moments there were that just blessed me, inspite of my bad mood.  The day ended with so much more joy than I had started out with and the Lord changed my heart from gloom and negativity to thankfulness for my babies and Kit's job and our home and the blessing of $22 extra bucks...  
So here is to another great day, not knowing what it all holds, but so thankful for it anyway!