3.25.2013

church at home

The kiddos have been sick, which means that we are pretty housebound, mainly for two reasons: 
1. the kids don't feel good so being out and about is not very fun for them and
2.  I don't want to get anyone else sick and we don't want them to get any worse.
All that to say, we were not able to go to church on Sunday due to runny noses.  Ryder LOVES his class and was so bummed that we weren't able to go.  So I tried to have a game plan.
The morning started pretty rough.  He found my turquoise ink pad and stamped himself, our kitchen floor and cabinets, and his clothes... all while I was going pee for less than a minute.  I was so frustrated!!!  So I called Kit, crying that I had so much to clean up.  He talked me down, and the morning proceeded as planned.  I felt the need to tell you because you will see the residual ink probably for the next few days... Sheesh!
 Okay, but then the morning got so much better.
We read the passage of Palm Sunday from Matthew 21 and John 12 in the Jesus Calling Storybook Bible.
I found a coloring page online to go with the story:
Ryder's take away of explaining the story:  
"Jesus rode a donkey while people said 'hi' with leaves, then he died and woke up."
Ryder, did he die for you?
"Sure."
Then we made our own palm branches using his handprints:
The whole activity kept us pretty busy for almost an hour.  We missed being with our friends and family at church and are hoping that we are completely healthy for next weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~
The highlight of our day:
When our friends Nick and Karen heard what a yucky morning we had had with Ryder and the ink and both of the kids being sick, they brought us dinner.  Seriously, they loved on us in such a HUGE way and just blessed us BIG time.
We love that they are in our lives.
How incredible to have friends and community like that!
We love you Benoits!  
Have a wonderful Monday!