9.17.2012

weekend celebrations, frustrations and some traveling...

On Saturday I got to attend a very special baby shower celebration for our very sweat friend, Beth.
It was a beautiful gathering!
I got to connect with some friends from college and eat some tasty food and I didn't have either of the kiddos with me... 
It was really nice!
There were so many special details!
 
 
We decorated onesies:
 The mama to be and I:

Some very special women in my life: 
It was a really special celebration to be part of.  
We can't wait for Turner to get here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The shower was then followed by some incredible frustrations that left us irriated and HOT!  First, our car is in the shop because the A/C broke and driving two small children in 100 + degree weather isn't good for anyone, plus it was time for it's check up.  So we rented a car to get us though this next week, since Kit will be out of town speaking.  All of this to say, Kit and I are waiting for the dreaded phone call where they tell us how much of Ryder's college fund we have to use to get a car that we can drive as a family without anyone getting heat stroke. 
Then on saturday afternoon, we lost power in our house from 4pm until after went to bed at 11pm.  
It was so frustrating!  We actually lost power to 90% of our house (don't ask me how that happens.  Edison said it had something to do with the transformer... All I heard was "blah blah blah, you won't have any air until it's fixed...")  Super fun...  At one point I had a headlamp on, holding Eden in front of an oscillating fan, while I complained to Kit, who was at work and couldn't do anything about it.
I was so incredibly frustrated and tired of being HOT!
Then Sunday came:
We woke up to a cool house and a toddler that was excited to go to church.
It was definitely a new day.  I was so thankful! 
I realized that in the midst of my irritations, I did not have a very thankful heart.  I have a husband who loves to be with our kids who created a space for me to connect with old friends and celebrate new life.  His job makes it possible for me to only work one day a week and to not have to do daycare.
I have a house that I love.  I love it here!  It's one of my favorite places to be (I think because of who I share it with ♥.)  Edison came out and fixed it at no charge to us.
I have neighbors that we love, that while they were in the same boat with no power, brought out their lawn chairs into our front yard in the cool evening, and we all sat and talked under the stars.
Kit is speaking this week which he gets paid for.   Money that I don't count in our regular income so the timing of it with a broken car was such a blessing.  The Lord provides so many times and I forget to say thank you and to praise him for his faithfulness and provision.
Instead, I find myself cursing Edison for not fixing things faster or complaining at how hot I am, forgetting that I have a home with A/C.
I want a heart of thankfulness.  A heart that is grateful. A heart that gives praise.
Thank goodness the Lord is a God of patience and grace!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kit is leaving today for the WHOLE week for a speaking engagement in St Louis and Kansas City.  I am already missing him so much.  I know that the kiddos are going to miss him too...  So we are heading out to Redlands to be with family.  It is so wonderful to get the kids with their family whenever we can. 
Kit Rae~
I am so proud of you and I can't wait to have you back home with us.  We love you and we miss you and will be praying for a very safe trip!♥