9.26.2012

a little spray paint goes a long way

This is the tiniest project, but I have been wanting to do it for such a long time!
When we first moved into our house, we painted our bathroom dark red.  (It was originally blue sponge paint when we bought the house.)  But then I moved away from red and we painted it a dark brown, which I love!
Here is the view from our bed:
 My friend Madelyn painted this picture for me shortly after we got married and I love that I get to start and end my day with it:
 On the other hand, those little iron chairs that I got from Goodwill seem to get lost against the brown paint, so when you look at the wall, I feel like Mad's art isn't centered correctly.  So I used a little bit of this:
(Reading DIY blogs has definitely shown me the value that spray paint can bring to a project, especially high gloss white or black.)
Here they are:
I love how they turned out!
(How silly that this little project made me so happy!)