9.06.2012

time capsules

When Kit and I got engaged back in January of 2002, we decided to put together a time capsule that we could bury up at the cabin in Shaver Lake, and then we would dig it up later when we were married.  In it I placed a journal and we had both written about our dating life, what we loved about each other, the proposal and our dreams for our life together, along with our engagement announcement.
So this last weekend, since we are approaching our ten year wedding anniversary, I thought it would be fun to dig it up, write about the kids, maybe get an outline of Ryder's hand...
So I couldn't remeber exactly where we had burried it, but Kit did so that saved quite a bit of extra digging. But when we figured out the spot, this is what we found:
A mushy pile of yuckiness.
 Our engagement announcement held up pretty well
well, not really, but I was excited that something sort of lasted...
 We could make out some of the pages.  The one I could read was about how I had said yes and how excited he was to ask me to share our lives together.  It was really precious.
 So we took our picture with it and lovingly tossed the yucky remnants in the trash. 
I do want to come up with another idea/tradition.  I'll have to get something that is better equipped to handle the elements♥.