9.12.2012

creating: front porch pillows

I am realizing that recently we have been putting lots of our attention to the outside of our house.  It's nice because during these long summer days, we spend lots of time out there, so I think you notice things a little more, which has led me to my most recent create project.  I am planning to do a few projects to help liven up our front patio.  We are outside quite a bit just hanging with our neighbors so I wanted to make it a little more inviting.
So for the first project, I have been wanting to make new pillows for our front porch for awhile now and this week, I decided to tackle the project.  We have had them for 5 years now and they have held up really well, but they really needed a little love, so I did the same pillow covers that I did here for our backyard.
Here is the before:
(I know, it's so sad...)
 So since we loved the material so much that we used in the back yard, I just coppied it to the front:
I love my machine.  
Kit Rae, thank you so much for being the best gift giver EVER!
 20 minutes later I had two new pillows!
I have a few other ideas for the front.  I have some accessory projects in the works from Goodwill, some spray painting projects and plants that need some pots... I am really excited to get started on this little corner of our home!