3.15.2012

life with little people

Since the arrival of miss Eden, things just seem to take me longer.  (I know, shocker... forgive that I am slow, I am also very tired...)  We have little people in our house, one  being only a couple weeks old and the other being less than two.  Sometimes I am able to get things put away and cleaned up, and other times I stand back and laugh at how things like dinosaurs ended up in my make up drawer or in my bed.
I need to remind myself that it won't be like this for long, that my babies won't be babies forever and that releasing a little control (Ok a lot of control) is a really good thing for me, specifically as a wife and mother.  I am so thankful that my family is patient with me.  Kit, you are an incredible teammate!
So here are some pictures that I have taken over the past week just to document our home with a two week old and a two year old:
Some day things will be put away, and I will miss having dinosaurs show up in random places...
Our bedroom:
Here's how it's been until the coffee kicks in:
How I like Ryder's room:
How Ryder likes his room:
How I like my kitchen to be:
My kitchen when we are trying to get everyone to the table for a meal:
Where Kit and I enjoy time when the kiddos are down:
(Recently Eden Marie has been hanging with us a lot too...)
Where the kiddos like to be up and play:
(Ok, so Eden isn't exactly playing at this point, but this is where she will eventually I'm sure)
Needless to say, by the end of the day, our home vacillates  between tidy/clean to very much lived in by our little family of four.  
Also at the end of the day, what really matters is that we get to be with these little people:
(Ryder wanted us to put Eden in his crib so he could hold her hand:)
It really doesn't get much better than that!
I want to take it all in, and I don't want to rush it, no matter how chaotic it might feel. 
Thank you to my friends and family that have encouraged me in this transition process.  My type A personality has really felt your prayers and words of wisdom♥!