3.05.2012

becoming a big brother

Hi there! Happy monday... How was your weekend?  We have been having so much fun having Kit off this last week and getting to enjoy being family of four!
Oh my goodness, In regards to Eden's arrival, I don't think I realized how nervous I was for how Ryder was going to adjust to being a big brother.  I didn't think that he would be mean to her or act out in crazy ways, I worried that he would feel he couldn't tell me what he was needing or feeling and that he would feel replaced or something like that.  We have saturated this adjustment and transition for him in prayer and can I tell you that we are so thrilled to report that he is doing beautifully in his role as a big brother.
From the first time they met:
To just being at home:
To making her part of the night time snuggling:
(He does not feel that he is ready for bed until he has kissed her goodnight...)
He also loves to "share" with her some of his favorites:
The other night I was about to feed her and said, "I think your sister is ready to eat.  Time for some milk..."
He wasted no time in "handing" her his sippy cup of milk and tried to feed it to her. I didn't have a chance to get a picture, but man, it was so precious...
My prayer is that they grow together in closeness and love
(even though I know they will make each other crazy sometimes.)
 and I pray for friendship and a special relationship that will grow over the years...
Thank you all who have prayed for us in this new chapter of our lives.