3.19.2010

It's a family affair...

Last weekend we had a family shower that my sister and my mom threw for Ryder and I. It was amazing and we just got the photos back. There were so many details that went into making the day so special.
They made blocks that had Ryder's name on them, (already proudly displayed in his room...) My friend Brookie, who did the flowers for our wedding, placed orange ranunculus, in vintage vases, everywhere. The tables were beautiful! I loved it!
The meal was a macaroni and cheese with cauliflower and white cheese, so good, and I haven't gotten the recipe because I know I will make it way too much, and as I am already expanding daily, no, hourly, I thought I would put it on the back burner for now... but I will share it when I get it.
Then for dessert, they had three types of coffee and a dessert that was best paired with that flavor. (There was chocolate, cheesecake and cake with home made lemon curd...) It was so good! I didn't get a picture of the coffee bar because I was WAY too busy eating...
Thank you Katie for being the best Barista ever! I love you...

As a party favor, my cousin Melissa and my Aunt Franny made CDs for everyone, but not just any CD...
I have to say that I cried listening to the words, but the thought that went into each one was incredible.
Melissa and Franny, I could not love you more!
So to celebrate the upcoming arrival, surrounded by women that I love, who are practically as excited about Ryder as I am (mom and cole...) made for such a special day.
Both of my grandmas were there too!
My favorite baby girl...
Then, to top it all off, among precious outfits, toys and books,
everyone got us our stroller.
Thank you EVERYONE for making such a wonderful memory for
Ryder and I.
We feel so loved, supported and SPOILED!
We love you all!