3.05.2010

Nesting...(big time!)

I had a baby shower at work yesterday and our family was so spoiled! (My mom was able to come out for it, as well as going with me to our last birthing class, and a doctor's appointment this morning. Kit is out of town for a speaking engagement with TRU in the bay area, so it was really fun to have my mom there with me.)

I spent today writing thank you notes (over 40 of them...) and washing his little outfits and organizing where in his room things are going to go. At one point I found myself sitting on the floor in his room , surrounded by his new clothes, kids books and little toys, and I was taken over with such excitement at the anticipation of his upcoming arrival. With each outfit, I found myself holding it up and thinking of Ryder's tiny little self in it. I really am trying to savor these last few days and weeks as well as all the moments that they present to me.

Putting things away in his room and unloading the car seat that we were given and figuring out how his changing table will work the best... they all made his upcoming arrival seem so close and filled with such excitement, as well as making it seem so real.

We are 35 weeks today and with each week I am getting more and more excited to be this little man's mom.

Anyway, with all of that said, I wanted to post some updates on our nursery...




We still have little details to do, but the majority is done and we are ready for his arrival!

Thank you to all my friends that made our shower yesterday so special. You are all loved and appreciated! I can't wait for Ryder to meet you!