10.29.2019

Keeping them on their toes...

After school on Friday, Kit had a seminar until 6pm, so I decided to take the kids to a movie after school while we waited for him to be done.  The kids came home and I told them we needed to run some errands for their dad.  There was an immediate, shall we say, protest. I told them we would be fast, but the "protest" continued. We got in the car to go to the movie and I told them we should send Kit a video to tell him we were going on errands.  During the video I told the kids we were heading to the movie.  Eden burst into tears about how mean I was to say errands instead of a movie, and Ryder said he couldn't believe I made Eden cry.  All I said was, "We need to run some quick errands for their dad" to cover the surprise and then told them we were going to movie.  Apparently, I am the worst...  Once the surprise was done, we had an amazing afternoon and there was even an apology for calling me mean.❤︎
I relished pulling off such a simple surprise.
 And the movie was a fun way to kick off the weekend before Halloween...
Once Kit was home, we had dinner then headed for ice cream, because family trips for ice cream are always a good idea!