1.22.2015

creating: office organization

One of the things that Ryder's preschool experience has taught me as a parent is how much easier (and more fun) it is when you are organized and on top of what is coming up and going on. It sounds so simplistic and easy but it's TRUE! Dates on the calendars that are synced to both of our phones, setting things out the night before (clothes, back pack, show-and-tell items, snack bags...)  It has been so nice to learn some of these things this year before he hits a 5 day kindergarten program.  One of the things that has been a little hard for me is keeping paper work stuff organized.  Things like picture forms, scholastic book order forms, any type of signed paper work that the school needs from us...  If I'm not on my A-game, things can get lost in his back pack or in my purse or the front seat of my car.  So we devised a little station in our office using this little Home Goods find:
 It holds standard file folders PERFECTLY!
I added my favorite color of spray paint:
And after Kit had given me a new outlet, he and his team hung it for me:
I could not be happier how it turned out:
I have my eye on some file folders like these on Amazon:
The best part is that it's metal so I plan to use magnet clips for important stuff that need to go with him to school!  Kindergarten, we are ready for you.  (This does mean that I am limiting my excuses for things not being turned in or not being ready... Give and take, I guess.♥)
It it really possible that this little guy is going to be in kindergarten?!?