3.31.2014

earthquakes...

We celebrated our one week of living in the house with an earthquake.  This last friday night was my first night alone in the house with the kiddos and a 5.3 earthquake centered about 13 miles way came and rocked our little house.  I have grown up with earthquakes but I have never been in a two story when one has occurred and I don't think there is an earthquake that Ryder can remember.  This one woke him up and he was in desperate need of snuggles and NOT sleeping alone.
Poor guy...  
That night Ryder asked if he could sleep on Kit's side of the bed because his bed felt a little scary.  I watched this little guy sleep, so peacefully and he seemed so little!  I think of him as my big kid and the big brother and there one who shows Eden the ropes, but I forget that my little guy is not yet 4 years old.
The next day we were back in our routine and he bounced back to being my big kid and not my baby boy.
Who am I kidding, he will always be my baby boy...