3.06.2014

creating: a kitchen remodel...

... for Ryder and Eden.
I have been wanting to build a play kitchen for the kiddos since this last summer.  I just didn't know what would be the best base.  Then I found this cabinet at Good Will back in September and I knew it would be perfect:
 I love that I can have a vision for something and most of the time, Kit can make it happen, and most of the time, it's a 1000% better than I could have dreamed it up!
 Safety first!
 We converted the doors: one will open like an oven, and the other will remain a cabinet for play pots, pans, and food.
It has lead to some fun trips to Home Depot:
 Here are the parts for our sink:
Here is the finished product!
They are LOVING it!
I'm talking HOURS of fun!!!
The new house has a screened in/enclosed porch that we are turning into a play room and this kitchen and the table are going to be getting a lot of use in there...
(That basket is from Kit and my first year DATING anniversary where he surprised me with a picnic up in San Pedro, and with it's handles, it works PERFECT for holding all their play dishes and food items.)