6.10.2013

recap on a very full weekend of celebrations...

Thank you all for your birthday wishes last friday.  Man did I feel special!  I had such a great day. It started with sleeping in (after Eden had been up until 1 am teething... Boo!)  I didn't wake up until 915a and Kit was on the kiddos for breakfast.  They got doughnuts and smoothis and we had a great morning just hanging out.  I did not get our of pjs until after 1200p!
Kit got me new running shoes.  I LOVE them!  They are so comfortable!
(My last pair of running shoes were purchased in 2007... Yep, it was time.)
Then I headed off for a day by myself.  I went thrift shopping and found some really great little treasures:
(my wedding china tea cups for a 1/4 of the price!!!)
Then I just sat in the coffee shop of Barnes and Noble, and I talked to my sister on the phone:
Then we got to have a date night thanks to Kit's parents!  They were in town for our niece's first birthday and so they watched the kids while we had a fun packed evening:
We went to true Food at Fashion Island and then shopping at Anthropologie.  It was tasty food and I bought a coconut milk and mango candle.  I love it!
Then we went for dessert at Sprinkle Ice Cream in Newport.  It was really good.  We got the dark chocolate and rocky road ice cream in the vanilla waffle cones.  Man, what a fun way to end and evening!
It was a really special birthday and I felt so refreshed and celebrated!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Saturday, we headed to Redlands to celebrate my oldest nephew's birthday.  His birthday is June 6th and mine is the 7th.  He was born in the evening and I got to be with him at midnight when he was getting his first bath and hearing tests and all that good stuff, so it felt like we shared a birthday.  I like to remind him that no matter how old he gets, he's still that little guys that I remember.  (As a 10 year old, you can imagine how much he LOVES that♥.)
We celebrated at a pool party with pizza.  Kit had to work so I was manning both kiddos in the pool.  Thank goodness for life vests and helpful family!
Eden had this vest on until she realized that she couldn't suck her thumb too, then it was a meltdown.
 So we went without it and she worked on he kicks and going under.  She did great!
We wrapped my nephews present with duck tape and Ryder helped.  He couldn't wait to give it to him and open it!
 It was Pokemon cards.  Ryder did not want to give them up.  My nephew was so cute about it and let Ryder hold them for a REALLY long time.  Sheesh...
 I can't believe he is 10! 
I could not love this kid more!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Sunday we got to celebrate our niece Staley's first birthday. My sister-in-law is so creative and she just thought of every detail!  I just have to brag on how creative she is!  
They created a photo wall using balloons and pallets:
 Staley eating her cake:
Eden being such a lady with her party straws:
Getting ready for the straw was another story:
(She was NOT going to miss that straw.  She is my daughter...)
 The Taco Man did the food.  SO good!
 Eden pretty much had a beach in her diaper when we came home:
Deconstruction of the balloon wall:
 
The family picture:
It was a wonderful weekend, getting to celebrate with people that we love♥!