2.17.2012

some big kid bed updates and a little bunting project

Some big boy bed updates:
So Kit and I had said that we would try at the beginning of this month to get Ryder to sleep in his big kid bed.  He loves putting me to sleep on it, he loves bringing his blankets to it and laying down and we read together on it, but he is NOT ready for any actual sleeping.  After a couple of tries, we have decided to move to our plan B.  We will move the big boy bed out, move his crib into his new room, where he will sleep until we feel he is a little more ready, and miss Eden will be in her newborn pack and play in her nursery, until Ryder is ready for his new bed.
I have to say I am really bummed for this reason:
In recovering from a c section, I really wanted him to be able to get himself in and out of the bed on this own, and not have to lift him out of his crib.  Not so fun on the abdominal muscles or incision...
It has been really funny though when we have tried the toddler bed, he has gotten out, and walked so quietly down our hall, and he comes out to us with a look that says "You know I can get out of that bed by myself right?" We will wait until he is more ready.
 But you know what, he is not ready now so we are postponing.
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement in this process. I can't tell you how much this VERY hormonal mama appreciates them!
So here are the pictures of Eden's room prior to making some bed switch-a-roos:
Her reading nook 
(and I am sure that we will be spending lots of time with the Boppy in this chair♥.)
My sister made that pillow...
Cole-
You are amazing!
Girly books!
Her blessing tree from our shower:
Her book shelf:
Her big brother:
(I could not love this kid more!)
Do you guys remember the scene in Peter Pan where Wendy is told she is having her last night the in the nursery and that equals growing up?  Please tell me that someone remembers that scene...
Well, this is the picture of Ryder on is last night in his nursery (Feb. 13)...
I think that we can hold off on the growing up for awhile, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, on a different note:
A little bunting project for miss Eden's room.
The primary colors in Eden's room are gray, yellow and white, but I have been having fun bringing in some pink accents.
So after making this miniature bunting frame for her book shelf:
 I wanted to bring some pink accents to the other side of her room.  While Kit was out of town, I thought I would tackle this little sewing project.
I used these fabrics:
 This template:
(I know it looks silly to write top on it, but this triangle was not equilateral so I wanted it to be pretty uniform...)
 
 I traced the triangle on the fabric:
And sewed them all together:
Here is the finished product:
We think that we will hang it on her changing table or maybe we will decorate her crib with it...
Oh I can't wait!