2.15.2012

A little valentine's day recap...

We started the day with making Kit's lunch, as usual, but we decided to make it a little festive, and we included a valentines in it.  (I am sure that he loved taking a lunch that had hearts on it into the office♥...)
 
We made pancakes and cut them into hearts.  Ryder was just excited to get pancakes and I was excited for the chance to be festive.  It was a win-win breakfast! (Plus, anytime we get to use the mixer, he is in heaven!)
  Then we finished some table decorations for our special dinner.
(The criteria for my decorations was that I did not want to spend ANY money, so I had to use things that I already had, or that I found at my mom's house ♥...)
Here is what we came up with:
I also had some fun updating our prayer/verse wall:
(I found these pictures from Ryder's valentine's day photo shoot last year... Oh my where did my baby boy go?)
Also reading the passage from 1 Corinthians has been such a great practice for me. I've turned it into a prayer that, because of where it is in the house, I say it multiple times a day...)
You gotta love a man who shows up with flowers:
They are sitting on my desk in one of my favorite milk glass vases...
Valentines day for us is all about the food:
The menu always consists of king crab legs, cheddar biscuits, whatever vegetable we feel like, and a salad.  (For those who are wondering, I ran the whole menu by my OB and she gave me her blessing, so I felt great eating this tasty annual favorite!)
This was also the first year that I attempted making chocolate covered strawberries.  It sounds silly that I haven't tried them in my 31 years of valentines days, but I did it and they were very tasty!
 We had ours with martinellis's...
Some family shots:
I love these guys!
(Man, I am feeling huge...)
We hope that you had a wonderful valentine's day being with people that you love!