2.23.2012

1 week to go...

In one week she will be here.  I am so excited to meet her and so ready to get her delivered...
I am excited about finally seeing her little face and watching how Ryder is with her. (I am hormonally optimistic...) 
One of the things that I love do is kissing the the balls of their tiny feet and then having their toes curl around your lips.  There is just nothing better...
I came across this picture that I took of Ryder's feet and of course burst into tears.
I have heard in motherhood that the days are long and the years are short.  These toes are about to become a big brother and toddle their way to being two.  I just can't believe it.  
I find myself watching Ryder and I just know that even though we can't fully prepare him for what is about to happen to him, I just know that my little guy is going to be an amazing big brother.  He is kind, sensitive, empathetic, nurturing, and gentle.  He will of course show her the joy of dirt and combining it with water and showing her how to wrestle, but I think he will make the best big brother, especially to a little sister. (Did I mention how funny he is?) I am trying to savor every single second... 
Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers in this last week.