4.10.2010

A little update...

We are doing really well. I have to say that we had the best experience delivering among my friends at the hospital. They took such amazing care of us and we feel like they really supported us to make every part of the process as easy of a transition as possible. I wouldn't want to deliver anywhere else.

We got home on friday morning. I love being home. Putting Ryder in his car seat and pulling up to our house and walking into our home with him was just so special. One of our neighbors mowed our lawn (Lisa, you ROCK!) My dad had made a huge pot of my favorite pasta sauce and that made the house smell so good, as well as making sure that we knew we would be eating such a good first dinner at home, and they set the table for us to have dinner.

Breast feeding is going well, a little sore but can't complain. Ryder is doing an amazing job. I love watching his face, whether he is eating or sleeping or just trying to focus on my face when I kiss his little cheeks and lips. Kit and I are getting into a routine. Kit changes him and swaddles him and burps him a lot of the time and gets him ready for me to feed him. I am so proud of Kit. He is just jumping in there and doing everything he can and I just love him even more, as I watch him move into this new role as daddy... I can't imagine doing this without him.

I take motrin for pain about once to twice a day and have been moving really well. I just have to pace myself, but I feel much better than I thought I would.

Our first night home, Ryder started the night in a bassinet at the end of our bed and then ended the night in his crib, and then when he woke up, we brought him in bed with us. I'll be honest, right now we are just rolling with the punches and figuring it out as we go, which, welcome to parenthood, huh? Troubleshooting at it's finest... I have to say that when it comes to getting up with him, though I am tired and a little sore, I enjoy doing it, he needs us so intensely right now and I love that we can be here for him. I know that that won't always enjoy getting up, but you know, he won't always need us like he does right now, so I guess it's just taking each day (or night) at a time...

These were taken by our friend today and we wanted to share them with you.



So I am thinking that Kit and I will have to turn ourselves in to addicts anonymous because we are literally addicted to our baby.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for our family during this transition.
They are greatly appreciated.