4.29.2010

A DATE!

We are only about 3 1/2 weeks into this whole parenting thing and my mom very graciously came to stay over night and made it possible for Kit and I to go on a date. (She also made dinner for us, made sure we got naps and cleaned...mom, you rock!) It is still very funny to be anywhere without our little man. I find that I keep looking around like something is missing or that I am forgetting something. I am also blaming that on a little bit of sleep deprivation...

So Kit and I headed to Rutabegorz in Fullerton and had so much fun talking about things other than feeding schedules, how much Ryder pees and poos, and the amount of spit up our little man can produce.
The best babysitter ever! We love you mom!
I find myself looking at Kit differently. He is SOOOOO good with Ryder. He puts him to sleep better than I do, he can elicit burps from our little guy faster than anyone and Ryder still looks around like crazy when Kit comes into the room, trying to find his dad. People told me that you fall in love with your spouse even more when you watch them become a dad, but I had no idea how much...

So I love hearing what you mamas would say:
I would love to hear about the first time you had a date after you had your little person. Did you find that you talked about your baby, or did your conversation consist of everything but...?
Do you have regular date nights? How do you make them a priority? What age was your little person and do they go with you?

Thank you for always sharing your stories and advice/input with me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! As a new mom, I love the community of motherhood/parenthood that you share with me...