4.22.2010

switching mindsets...

I was reading a blog the other day (I can't remember which one...) but the mom was talking about switching your mindset of what you will get accomplished in a day when you are a parent. She talked about how instead of writing a "to do" list, writing a "ta da" list or an "I did it" list. Before Ryder's arrival, I felt like I couldn't start my day with our my little to do list for the day. Now, I find I am lucky if I get out of my pajamas through out the day, let alone getting lots of stuff done.
I loved this idea that what I do through out the day is care for Ryder. My old to do lists used to say things like :

To Do:
1. update emails
2.general clean straighten
3.clean bathrooms
4. vacuum
5. grocery store for dinner
You get the idea...

Now my list looks something like this:

Ta Da:
1. fed ryder 9 times
2. changed 10 dirty diapers
3. put non pajama clothes on
4.napped when Ryder napped
5. 1 load of laundry (all ryder's stuff...)
6.kissed kit when he left for work and when he returned
7.took a shower

I really do love being a mom and this new mindset is really making me feel so much more relaxed. Then I share my list with Kit and we both laugh, for example, how much pee and poo a little person and make...

Here is my feeding log that keeps me organized. Pretty much my ultimate "ta da" list...
(type A anyone? I swear nursing school made me this way...)
Here's my baby passed out in my lap right after a 30 minute feeding...
My little guy just hanging out... I love his face!

I love being Ryder's mom...