9.17.2009

Fall is on it's way!

I can't believe that September is half way over! I am excited that fall is fast approaching and that means getting together with friends and family that include soups and sweaters and pumpkin carving and apple cinnamon desserts. I can't wait!

Our first fall event is beginning in the of October with our friends from college. We are planning to carve pumpkins and we are planning to have the white bean soup that I blogged about last week and I am so excited for how it's all coming together.

So having a party means making invites and having fun with decorations and the fun details.
So these were the simple invites I came up with and I am so excited how they turned out. It was just a matter of using scrap pieces of paper and a stamp that I got from the dollar section at Michael's Craft Store.
Then I found this idea for banners on the website ETSY. I think that there is so much potential for how they can be used. This is the one that I came up with for our pumpkin carving party.

Because I liked the idea so much, I decided to make one for Ruby's party too... I'm just planning to hang it on our mantel.