9.21.2009

Coffee Beans...

When I have a party or a shower or any type of special event, I really like to have a party favor for each guest. Remember how fun it was to go to a party as a kid and you would get a goodie bag when you went home...? I would think, "but it's your birthday, not mine.." I always thought that was so special.

I have done different things: small candles, cds, bags of special candies or home made cookies, tea bags... Well, with ruby's party, it had to be something special and this is what I came up with... Ethiopian coffee beans individually wrapped and attached to prayer requests for her.

Coffee is the number one export of Ethiopia so when my sister found these beans at Trader Joes (I love that store...) it just seemed perfect. Plus, when we made a pot using these beans, it was a REALLY good cup of coffee.
So then I had little cellophane bags and tied them off with burlap strips. The strips were not my favorite to work with, but I was so pleased how the bags came out. I then printed out the prayer requests and plan to have them placed next to the coffee bags on my iron cake stands.
Gosh, I can't wait for her to get here...