8.27.2020

changing up spaces...

For my birthday, Kit gave me credit to get photo canvases at Costco for this little corner of our house.

Once we figured out the photos that we wanted, we played around with sizing, using canvases that we currently have...
(We have pictures of Ryder up, I promise...haha!)
  Ryder made that wooden box as a tool holder this summer during his grandparent week with his Mia and Papa.  I just made it a little better for getting mounted on the wall. I sawed the handles off and sanded and stained it, all with Ryder's permission:

So once we got the canvases, all we had to do was get things mounted and organized:
I love how the space came out...
The shelf is filled with my Grandma Marie's prayer books...
We have a fun idea for a light fixture I am trying to find/make that will finish off the corner...
I'll keep you posted on it!
It's funny how when you are in your house, looking at the same walls, day after day, you keep rethinking the spaces.  Or maybe that's just me...?  Well this little nook finally feels like how I have wanted it to look, and that makes my heart so happy!  Thank you Kit for our photos