8.06.2020

Things...

Thursdays are work days for me...
(Pictures I send Kit during the day or at the beginning end of a shift...)
Covid continues to persist. We are still social distancing and wearing masks. I still feel uneasy doing everyday normal shopping, not wanting to be around people who have decided that they don't want to wear masks and keep their distance. I am tired and weary and realize that it is not going to be over soon.  We are in a marathon, not a sprint.  We can only do our part and do it to the best of our ability.  In one week, starting next Thursday, the kids will start their 5th and 3rd grade school years though distance learning.  I feel torn because I don't know if the kids can be in school and stay safe and follow the rules, but I also DESPERATELY want them to have classroom interactions with their teachers and friends... And so we wait and we pray for patience and strength in it all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard it said recently that we are all in the same boat but we are not in the same storm.  Some people have lost jobs and are financially drowning, some people have become ill, some people have no community to support them, and some are more or less inconvenienced and irritated by the disruption. 
Either way, if there has ever been a time for loving one another, giving grace, and surrounding our loved ones and those around us in prayer, I think it's now...