1.31.2017

Some days are like that...

Some days I feel like we get to tackle each thing and I have time to complete it and move on to the next, and other days, it all just comes at the same time and we just go with it:
On this particular afternoon, we were finishing homework, working on Eden's birthday invitations, making dinner, preparing for our Life Group to come, printing off paperwork to enroll Eden in Kindergarten and get Ryder's paper work set for baseball, and Eden's paperwork set for her dance recital while making lunches, and finishing laundry to have uniforms ready for the rest of the week... And it poured outside.  We got it all done and when we sat down to dinner that night, I took a sigh of relief.  Some days are just like that, and we wouldn't have it any other way. I want to stand back and be thankful for the opportunities I have to love and serve my family in these special ways.  We are able to feed and clothe them and that has not been something that I want to take of granted with my recent trip to Uganda.  They have access to education and extracurricular activities that give them such life!  I have a dishwasher, washer and dryer. Heck, I EVEN have running water and electricity, not to mention how much we get to love each other on a daily basis with good health! We have so much and on those days when I want to hang my head in the feelings of inadequacy and exhaustion, my prayer is that I can instead look up and say thank you with a heart of gratitude for all that the Lord has done. 
❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎