8.19.2016

While the kids are away...

This week, our kiddos have been in Santa Maria for "granny camp".  I dropped them off on Monday and today we get to pick them up!  I have missed them, but it was such a sweet week for them to connect with people that they love so much, but also for us to recharge for the weeks and months ahead, as school and sports start!
So since I am still collecting pictures from their week, here were little snapshots of our time.
Our goal was to connect and have intentional time of being together as much as we could.
So we went on some DATES!:
To the Irvine Spectrum for appetizers:
 And to Laguna for time of eating at our favorite spots:
 And then for gelato and to watch the sunset.
And to Honda-Ya in Tustin for Sushi!
While Kit worked, I was able to tackle some yard work projects:
In addition to working, I was able to go thrifting in Ventura, when I dropped the kiddos off with their Papa, I did a little baking for our church staff, I read books, did some knitting projects, went through the kids clothes, and organized everything for school. I tend towards being an introvert and this was so life giving for me!
I will not lie to you though, in all the calm, I really missed these faces and all that they bring to our lives!
Our family is at it's best when we are all together, but I can not tell you how amazing this week was for rebooting before the busyness of the school year and the connection time I had while I dated my husband!
Thank you Grandi and Monkey Papa for the incredible time that the kids had and for allowing this space for us.  It was AMAZING!
❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎