8.11.2016

"distractions..."

In addition to doing our normal meal planning, grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, organizing and general house upkeep, I have been trying to get a few house projects done before school starts. Things like going through all clothes and toys and closets and setting up systems for both kids being in school and trying to stay organized with everything.  
Over the last couple of weeks, I would wake up with those projects on the forefront of my mind.  My to do list seemed to get longer, with more details and errands being added to it all the time. The other day I came across this quote and it really stopped me in my tracks:
"Children are not a distraction from more important work.  They are THE MOST important work."
~C.S. Lewis
I realized that I was getting so caught up in getting my "work" done, that I was missing out on sweet moments with my kiddos... I still call them my babies but they are growing up so fast and in a desire to get things done, I was missing opportunities to just BE with them.  It has switched something in my brain and I am thankful that it did before our summer together was done!
So we are grabbing each day with both hands, lingering longer, trying our best not to rush to the next task, and grabbing ice cream along the way at every chance we get...❤︎