8.29.2016

Back to school night!

Today is Ryder's first day of first grade.  Last week we had his back to school night.  He had the best time seeing his friends from kindergarten and meeting his new teacher!
 She is a baseball fan and that just made Ryder's day!
She is kind and assertive and confident and has been teaching for the past 23 years and LOVES her job.  We could not be more thrilled that we get to have Ryder in her class!
(Ryder was a bit shy to take a picture with her...)
I am a mix of emotions thinking of my oldest embarking on these elementary school years.  Five days a week, full day schedule... I just feel like it was yesterday that we had him and here he is, such a big kid.  My emotions aren't rooted in the fact that he is in first grade.  They stem from realizing how fast it all goes.  I swear, before I know it he will be off to college and I can't do one thing about it but to be present and enjoy each step and phase along the way and pray that the Lord will go before him and guide this sweet boy to follow his voice...
We are already HUGE fans of Ms. Aarvig!
When I asked her how the first day went, she said how kind and helpful he was and he was such a leader as he kept his table "On track and in line..." Can you say first born?❤︎