9.09.2014

Ryder's first day of Preschool!

Yesterday was our Ryder's first day of preschool.  It has been a moment that I have thought of and anticipated for over the last     4 1/2 years and it's surreal that it actually came!  He is thrilled about this new adventure and we love his teacher and his classroom.  It's going to be so exciting to think of all that he will learn and all that this year will hold for him!
Here were some snapshots of the day:
My mom came out on the train so that she could not only see him off, but give emotional support and distraction that I am dropping my baby boy off at school for the first time!
Mia came out on the train to be there for his special day!
Ryder and Kit picked out his first day of school outfit and his backpack was packed:
Over the weekend Ryder and I got items to make little teacher kits for his teacher and classroom aides:
And here is the deluge of pictures of the first day of school, where I didn't cry, and held it all together pretty well...♥
 Ryder took this one:
We headed to the school and signed this little guy in:
He saw his friends and knew his teacher and he was so excited!
He gave us the BIGGEST wave and his little confidence was shining through...
So thankfully, I had my mom here to hang out with Eden and I.  It was girls time.
The hardest part of the day was when we swung by our house to get snacks and right at our entry way was his blanket was hanging there.  I picked it up, smelled his sweet scent and then turned right around and headed out the door before the lump in my throat could get any bigger.
So we headed to Kohls:
Eden found her first handbag:
Thanks Mia!
 She walked out with the cutest smile on her face that she had a purse like her mama and Mia:
Then we headed to our favorite coffee shop in Tustin:
Oh the yumminess...
Then we headed back to pick up our boy.
The teacher gave us such affirmation on how AWESOME our Ryder did:
How kind he is, what a good listener he is and how respectful he was to others, how he has a desire to help and to be a good friend... My heart was so full and I was not surprised at all... Of the whole day, that might have been when I wanted to cry the most, just out of sheer joy!♥
We then gave Ryder the option of picking where we should eat for lunch:
We had a celebration dinner for Ryder after Kit got home and after we had sent my mom home on the train. The meal that was requested was spaghetti and sausage.  (This Italian mom was VERY proud!)
He can't wait to go back and see his teacher and his friends!  My heart is just so happy and this whole starting school thing just couldn't have gone better.  Praise the Lord!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my goodness, the anticipation leading up to this day has been nuts!  My emotions have been vacillating from excitement for Ryder and all that he will learn, and the new friends that he will make, plus the fact that it will be the first time that I will get to be alone with Eden on a regular basis, to nostalgic weepiness that my baby boy is no longer a baby and that this is the first of consistently being away from each other... My mom and our friend Tommy asked Ryder what he was looking forward to the most about school, and his answer was reading books and learning to read words!  I am sure once he figures out what recess is, that will get in on the favorite list, but I am not going to lie, I was really excited by his answer♥.  I am so proud of our little man and I am honored that I get to be his mama!
 We love you Ryder Pierce Rae!  
Go get 'em!