9.18.2014

old treasures in new hands

When I was little, my dad and I built a dollhouse together.  It was really a fun project.  I spent HOURS playing with that thing, setting it up, making up stories about the family... It held such sweet memories for me as a little girl.
Recently, I decided to pull my old dollhouse furniture and the dolls down so that Eden could play with them. 
Oh my goodness, she LOVED it!
As a kid I was fascinated with miniatures and setting little scenes:
I made a lot of the furniture as part of the dollhouse set, but realized, as a kid, we had gotten pretty creative:
plants out of tooth past caps:
Ottomans out of plastic bottle caps:
We had upholstered all the furniture and I remember going with my mom to the fabric store to pick out the fabric for it.
Eden's favorite thing, no surprise, was playing with the baby and the tiny crib:
It was a HUGE success!  She sat at our kitchen counter for over an hour and just thought it was the greatest thing ever... How sweet that something I loved SO MUCH will be enjoyed by my little girl!♥