6.13.2014

Kit's BBQ...

I love it when Kit cooks.  Whether it's stove top, grill, indoor or outdoor oven, smoker, broiler, or over a camp fire, it always seems to turn out awesome.  I think his favorite right now is using his smoker.   He loves researching different cuts of meat and different types of rubs and brines and trying to get the perfect smoke ring.    It's a hobby that we all REALLY benefit from and I encourage it any chance I get...♥
Over the last 24 hours, Kit had been smoking a pork shoulder.
 It is a science of watching the temperatures and making sure that everything cooks correctly... I'm realizing that BBQ can rally be an art!  He pulls it off and it looks like this:
 
I can't help but salivate.  
We will be enjoying this for a few meals this weekend, I am sure!
Eden thinks it's a toss up:
Her thumb or her dad's cooking:
I think she would take actually eating something ANYDAY!
Ryder says, "Mom, I'm a meat eater guy.  I love to eat meat..."  And after he has taken a bite of something that Kit has cooked, he says, "Oh my gosh, this is so good, Dad! Meat is my most favorite food!" Eden is usually to busy eating to comment.♥ It is so fun to watch the kids enjoy things.