5.12.2014

Mother's Day 2014

We had a really great day yesterday celebrating Mother's Day.
The morning started with coffee in bed and snuggles from these two:
 The family got me a beautiful hydrangea plant and a gift card for more flowers for our front yard.
 These sweet cards that the kiddos "wrote":
Kit asked Ryder what he wanted to say to me for Mother's Day and this is what he came up with:
I also got this book:
(It's awesome and I am having so much fun reading through it!)
Then we headed to church:
After church, we headed out to be with our family in Redlands for the afternoon.  Nothing fancy, very low key, just enjoyed getting to be together.
Highlights:
The food:
Italian sausage and peppers... It was so good!
Watching the kiddos together in the pool:
Getting all eleven of us in one place, at one time, around a table sharing stories and talking and laughing: (And maybe some are bargaining for how many bites will equal dessert...♥)
It was such a great day and I am so thankful for our family.  What a joy and a blessing it is to live life together!
Ps, I can never seem to get my dad and my brother tommy in photos... I'm so lame, but they were there too!