10.19.2011

Pumpkin Cookies and Lattes

These cookies have been a Fall holiday favorite in our family for years and this is the first time that I have made myself in charge of making them. I wanted to share them with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does!
Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
Cookies:
Cream 1 cup of shortening , 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (libby's), and 1 egg.
In separate bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture.
Stir in 1 cup each of butterscotch bits, walnuts, and raisins.
Spoon cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for
10-12 minutes.
Frosting:
Combine 3Tbs. butter, 4 tsp. milk and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a saucepan and cook until sugar is dissolved. Let mixture cool then stir in 1 cup of confectioners sugar and 3/4 tsp. of vanilla.
Frost while the cookies are still hot.

On Another Pumpkin note:
I don't usually go to Starbucks and get fancy drinks, but when they come out with their holiday blends, I get so excited!
I stopped by and picked up an iced decaf pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream. (It was in the 90's so iced seemed appropriate...
It was delightful!