1.16.2011

One year later...

In adoption, we have found that there are several celebration worthy days/dates. The day you got the referral, the first tme you met them, the court date in Ethipoia, the court date here when her name changed. But Kit and I celebrate January 15th because that is the day that she arrived in the states and we finally got to meet her... That is what we consider our "gotcha day". I can't believe it's already been a year!

This was the first night she was home and we had been so ready for her to only want my sister and brother-in-law and I had been given strict instructions to let initiate the first move, so when she held out her tiny little arms to me for me to snuggle her and pick her up, I looked wide eyed at my sister to make sure it was ok...(To which I got the response, "OF COURSE, god mommy!") She has been one of my favorite snugglers ever since...
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE pictures of her first day...
And then you fast forward a year...
Baby girl~
We could not love you more! We can't imagine life without you and we are so honored to be part of your family. You were waited for and are wanted and loved. Who's our favorite little girl? That's right... YOU♥!