1.05.2011

Anniversary dinner...

For our anniversary, I wanted to make a special dinner, knowing that we would be home with Ryder. For the very first time in my adult life, I made my own pasta, ravioli to be exact. My grandma made her own and for those who know my grandma, she has many incredible gifts, but cooking is not necessarily something that she is known for. From my childhood, however, one of my favorite memories was making bread and pasta in her kitchen. So making it, with the smell and the taste of the dough, it brought me right back to her kitchen and being 4 years old.

As my first attempt, it was tasty, but it would have helped to have one of those rollers that you put the dough through and it makes it ultra thin... My filling was all stuff that I had on hand:feta, frozen chopped spinach, olive oil, Romano grated cheese, and garlic. I used one of our juice glasses to make the circles and a fork to make the edges enclosure.
I served it with a caprese salad but substituted arugula for the basil. We really enjoyed the whole meal time of just being together as a family.
Ryder's favorite was definitely the ice tea.
(Not really just the acrylic glasses...)
After we ate dinner, we went and got hot chocolate at drove around little bit as Ryder slept.
It was such a fun evening and I look forward to MANY more celebration dinners around our table.
(Isn't just being together worth celebrating?)