12.05.2010

deck the halls...

...and the kitchen, the front bathroom, the dining room, and the living room!
Since we have had Ryder, I find that I don't do ANYTHING as quickly as I used to. (I know I know, welcome to parenthood, right?)Everything happens in shifts and at a little bit of a slower pace. I mean I get him, so the trade off is totally in my favor...

So when it came to decorating for Christmas, instead of pulling everything down and doing it in one day, it has been slowly evolving and I will probably keep adding to it until the very last minute.

So here is what we have done so far...
The mantle:
(I have an idea for name tags...)
Our front bathroom:
Last year this was the bathroom that was a Christmas surprise, so it was fun to decorate it this year...
Our desk, or as I tell Kit, my office:
Pulling out the Christmas books for easy reading in the living room:
Our coffee table:
(With our book that we add to every year with Christmas memories)
Our dining room:
And finally, adding a little love to the kitchen:
(A friend gave me that little nativity scene when I was in about the 4th grade, and I love pulling it out each year)
More to come!
I hope you get to enjoy every aspect of this precious time of year...